Wetting Agents - Reduce surface tension.
Wetted to perfection.
With added performance reassurance.
Wetting agents – known in technical terms as surfactants – are needed to reduce surface tension. This is crucial if you want coatings to spread more easily. As a result, they’re used in a whole host of applications, such as coatings applied to substrates, cleaning fluids, floor polishes, and waxes.
Achieving the perfect surface can be a tricky balancing act. Fluorosurfactants are important if you want to reduce coating defects… but are they safe? When it comes to our products, the answer is yes.
We have created a range of surfactants that deliver all-round reassurance. In fact, all of our fluorosurfactants are non-toxic and non-bioaccumulative. Coatings with fluorosurfactants make it easy to achieve perfect surfaces.
Read on to explore more about Tivida? FL additives, our range of highly effective fluorosurfactants.
Our solution for high-performance leveling and wetting.
Our Tivida? FL range comprises four high-speed ultrashort-chain anionic C2 or C3 fluorosurfactants, which have an exceptional ability to lower surface tension quickly. Our Tivida? FL products 2200, 2300, 2500 and 2700 are surfactants that contain fluorinated alkyl groups. Compared to silicone or hydrocarbon surfactants, fluorosurfactants generally demonstrate a much better reduction of surface tension, resulting in greatly improved performance:
- Static surface tension reductions of up to 18 mN/m
- Significantly improved spreading, wetting, and leveling
- Enhanced surface gloss
- Minimal cratering
- Outstanding pore penetration
- Ultra-low foam development during application
- Not affected by the EU REACH PFOA restriction
Tivida? FL enables you to create improved coating formulations for a multitude of substrates such as wood, plastic or metal surfaces.
Our powerful wetting agents can be used in a variety of applications:
- Water- and solvent-based coatings
- Water- and solvent-based floor cleaning solutions and industrial polishes
- Water- and solvent-based printing inks
- Industrial cleaning agents, polishes, and electronic cleaning agents