Adding thermal resistance
Boost the thermal resistance of your coatings
The effectiveness of coatings can easily be reduced or they can be outright destroyed or burned by thermal extremes. Imagine a top-class motorcycle with a burned and stained exhaust pipe. So?one of the best ways to protect surface coatings is to give?assistance to their resistance. Boosting the thermal resistance of coatings ensures they are armed with the defenses they need to keep performing in all kinds of challenging environments. It also helps products deal more effectively with thermal-induced corrosion, thus improving both coatings and the products they protect in the long term.
Read on to explore more about our Durazane? organic and inorganic Polysilazane binder for creating thermal resistant coatings.
Our thermal solutions + your coatings = stronger surfaces
The whole idea is to ensure that components exposed to heat don’t lose their surface protection and thus safeguard the functional and visual qualities that are so important to your customers. Coatings with enhanced thermal resilience add value to all kinds of products.
Our Durazane? 1000 and 2000 products provide you with perfect coating binders to formulate surface coatings to withstand temperatures of up to 1000 ?C. We also offer solutions for thermal barrier coatings to reduce heat flow and transfer, thus lowering the thermal stress imposed on coated objects and limiting heat loss in areas such as exhaust pipes or systems pipes.
Benefits at a glance:
- Protects against wear, abrasion and stains
- Manages exhaust heat effectively by reducing heat loss in car manifolds and headers
- Lowers fuel consumption when pistons are coated
- Reduces heat flow and transfer in thermal barrier coatings, thus dropping thermal stress imposed on coated components
- Limits heat-loss areas such as exhaust and system pipes
Areas of application:
- Automotive parts
- Public transport such as trains and trams
- Aerospace components
- Industrial plants and pipes
- Various metals such as steel and aluminum