Strategy & Values
We believe in science and technology as a force for good
Science is at the heart of everything we do. It drives the discoveries we make and the technologies we create – and it forms the basis of our future growth.
Our strategy: Unite for Growth
With our “Unite for Growth” strategy, we are pursuing a clear ambition. By 2022, we want to become the leading science and technology company with three strong and innovative business sectors that rank among the scientific and technological leaders in the fields that are of greatest strategic importance to us.
Our economic ambition
We want to be a top-tier company in relation to our peers in terms of sales and margin growth so as to deliver sustainable returns to our owners.
- In Healthcare, we aim to achieve additional annual sales of at least € 2 billion with new medicines by 2022.
- In Life Science, we plan to deliver annual growth of 5% to 8% in the medium term, thus continuing to outpace market growth.
- For Performance Materials, we assume to stabilize our EBITDA pre margin at around 30% in the long term, well above the industry average.
Our ambition is to become a global specialty innovator and help to create, improve and prolong life. To this end, we are focusing on the following priorities:
- Reinforcing our global footprint: We want to bring the innovations in our pipeline to patients and expand our presence in the United States and in China.
- Focusing on specialty medicine franchises: We expect the oncology, immuno-oncology, and immunology markets to remain highly attractive in terms of size, growth prospects and profitability.
- Innovation: We aim to develop high-quality, first-to-market, and best-in-class therapies.
We empower scientists by developing tools and solutions that help them to deliver breakthroughs more quickly. To deliver on our ambition, we are pursuing these priorities:
- Ensuring operational excellence by focusing on building our base business, creating value in a strong organization and implementing consistent processes.
- Strengthening the core organization by expanding our leadership in bioprocessing and e-commerce as well as advancing our robust offering of testing kits and services to ensure food and beverage safety and quality.
- Establishing new growth pillars through our three strategic initiatives: Gene Editing & Novel Modalities, BioReliance? End-to-End solutions, and BrightLab?.
We are the company behind the companies advancing digital living. Our strategy is to cover all aspects of data processing and to enable processes by providing customized solutions for the production of innovative electronic components. We will be pursuing a clear set of priorities in the coming years:
- Driving top-line growth, especially in Semiconductor Solutions and OLED.
- Transforming into a leading enabler for data-driven electronics with best-in-class capabilities and portfolio.
- Accelerating the realization of our growth ambitions through the successful integration of both Versum Materials and Intermolecular.
Our success is built on courage, achievement, responsibility, respect, integrity and transparency. These values shape our daily work, the way we meet challenges and our interactions with our customers, business partners and colleagues.
Our values are the foundation of our success